- 3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl whisk together your flour, baking soda and salt. Add in your buttermilk and stir until it just comes together. Add raisins and mix a little more.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a smooth ball. Dust the outside with flour and place on an un-greased baking sheet. Use a sharp knife to slash a 1 inch deep cross on top of the loaf.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.