- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 6 cups Golden Grahams cereal, divided
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 full size Hershey’s Bar, optional, for garnish
- Melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove the bowl from the microwave and stir. Put the bowl back into the microwave and heat for an additional 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth when stirred. Add the vanilla extract and stir again.
- Pour the 3 cups Rice Chex and 3 cups of Golden Grahams cereal in a large mixing bowl. Add the chocolate peanut butter mixture and gently stir until cereal is evenly coated. Pour the coated cereal into a large Ziploc bag. Add the powdered sugar. Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is well coated. Spread on parchment paper or waxed paper. Let sit until cool and chocolate is set.
- Place the s’mores puppy chow in a large bowl. Add the remaining Golden Grahams and marshmallows. Break the Hershey’s Bar into squares and add to the puppy chow for garnish, optional. Serve!
- Store the s’mores puppy chow in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If it is warm in your kitchen, store the puppy chow in the refrigerator. You can also freeze in a freezer container for up to 1 month.