- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or sub any nut/seed butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/4 cup+ 2 Tbsp almond flour, I use Bob’s Red Mill finely ground almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 dark chocolate bar, chopped (Use 100% cacao chocolate if wanting to limit sugar)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp cup collagen peptides
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk egg in large bowl then pour in maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cashew butter, vanilla and almond milk to whisk again.
- Stir in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon, collagen and some of the sea salt. Fold in chocolate chunks, leaving several chocolate chunks aside.
- Place parchment paper over a baking sheet and use a spoon and spatula to drop batter, dividing it into a dozen cookies. Place the last several pieces of chocolate over the top, sprinkle sea salt, then place in the oven for about 12 minutes on the center rack. Then turn the oven on broil and cook 1 additional minutes **keep a close eye on it because they can burn quickly!