Always a great make ahead protein for the week, whether it is lean beef, turkey, chicken, or bison. It will be an easy protein add-in for your lunches and/or dinners.
Makes: 6 patties
- 1 lb lean ground meat (Beef, Turkey, Bison, Chicken)
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for pan frying
Mix all ingredients except oil and meat together. For better flavor, sauté the vegetables first for 7 minutes over medium heat in a skillet. Return to the mixing bowl and add the meat with salt and pepper to taste. Form into 6 equal patties. return to pre-heated skillet (medium heat) and cook about 5 minutes each side.
Easy meal prep ideas with patties:
- Steamed brown rice with chopped lettuce and a turkey patty with feta cheese.
- Salad bowl with chopped fresh seasonal vegetables and patties with balsamic dressing, avocado, dried cranberries, and chopped almonds.
- Roasted root vegetable medley (beets, carrots, sweet potato) with a patty on top.
- Steamed brown rice and chopped spinach/lettuce with cucumber, carrot, patties and tatziki sauce.