Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8 slices
- 6 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. red food coloring
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. mini white chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 10” cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, food coloring, and salt. Mix until just combined, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough into skillet in an even layer. Top with more chocolate chips and bake 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.