Serves: 3 dozen cookies
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups sprinkles divided
- Extra sea salt for sprinkling on cookies if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside. Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. With the mixer on low, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips. Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the sprinkles.
Form the cookie dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of dough. Pour the remaining 3/4 cup of sprinkles in a small bowl. Roll the cookies in the sprinkles, covering the entire cookie dough ball. Place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired.
Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.