Avocado Deviled Eggs
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp diced dill pickles
- 1/4 tsp red red pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3 Pieces cooked bacon *optional topping
Cook eggs in pot of boiling water for 12 minutes. Strain and add to ice bath to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Gently crack shells, remove and discard. Slice eggs in half, lengthwise and remove cooked yolks with spoon into medium mixing bowl.
Mix the yolks with the smashed avocado, spicy brown mustard, chives, cilantro, diced pickles, pink salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
Divide mixture by scooping avocado/egg mixture back into cooked egg whites.
If desired: top with chopped pieces of the bacon, I liked it without, but most people preferred the bacon!
- 16 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 16 fresh mozzarella balls or chunks about the same size of the tomato
- 16 basil leaves
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Premium balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Wash and dry the cherry tomatoes. Pierce one tomato on each skewer and lay them out on a plate.
Next, push one chunk of mozzarella on top of the tomato, and place a basil leaf on top.
Repeat the process until there are 6 pieces on each skewer.
Lay each Caprese Bite in a row, on a platter.
Drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt and pepper the skewers.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 24 whole pitted dates
- 12 slices of Bacon (cut in half)
- 24 whole almonds
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened (I liked using the Kite Hill cream cheese)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and soak toothpicks in water for 30 minutes.
Open up date (open slit where pit was removed.) Fill each date with 1 almond and 1-2 teaspoon cream cheese in each date.
Cut each strip of bacon in half. Wrap one piece of cut bacon around date. Either secure with a pre-soaked toothpick, or place seam side down on a baking tray.
Bake for 12-15 minutes, until bacon is crisp.
If you need to make these prior to serving. Assemble and refrigerate until ready to bake.